Saturday, January 16, 2010

Grandma Belle Van Wagenen

In November my Grandma passes away. She was 90 years old and had cancer so it was somewhat expected but came a little faster than I think most of us expected. She was able to stay in her home that she loved and passed quickly. We all miss her very much. I was lucky to have been able to go and visit her in October. I didn't know it then but that was our last visit.

The funeral was the first week of December. It had been several years since all of my siblings had been all together. It was fun to see everyone.
My brother Erik, my dad and My brother Lee
My two handsome sons all dressed up and ready for the funeral. Aren't they cute!?

Three of my four sisters (Jenni, Alisa and Amy)
Three of my cute nieces (Sasha, Ashleigh and Kyana)
My cute mom and my brother Lee.

My uncles Kenny, Norman and Paul, and my Mom at the graveside memorial.
My whole family all together!

It is hard to believe she is gone. I miss her but I know she is so happy to be with her husband and the rest of our family on that side of the veil.


2 comments:

Powers Family said...

Beautiful pictures, Kristina. You and your siblings all look so much alike. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Bekah said...

Kris, thanks for posting pictures. Erik didn't take a camera so it's good to see these.

Glad you got to see her before she died. The last time we were out there she turned down our visit, which was a disappointment since we knew we probably wouldn't get to see her again. Oh well. We WILL see her again. There's some comfort in that.