Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday Cadence!

Cadence turned 9 on Saturday! Wow he is getting so big! He is such a great kid. He is so helpful and loving. I couldn't ask for a better kid! I am also so blessed because he get along really well with his little brother Easton. I remember lying in bed with Cadence watching him sleep when he was first born. I remember thinking that I didn't want him to get to be 6 months old because then he wouldn't be a baby anymore! Despite what Cadence thinks, he will ALWAYS be my baby!
We had two parties for him on Saturday. We had a friend party in the afternoon. The party went really well and was a lot of fun for the kids.




Cadence is 9!


First the kids made tornado bottles.




Next, we made marshmallow guns! These were a big hit! The kids tried to hit targets and had a "war" at the end of the party.




Here are the troops!
Next we did the pinata. Cadence broke the pinata stick on the first hit! You can see the broken piece flying in this picture!
We had cake and ice cream next.



Later that evening we had a family party. My brother and two sisters came with their families to celebrate! We have a ton of extra cake!


Cadence got an air soft gun for his birthday. This took a lot of begging on his part but he LOVES it! Him and his cousin Adam shot their guns every chance they got! Goggles are a must!



Happy Birthday Cadence! I love you!

2 comments:

Powers Family said...

How fun! I love the marshmallow gun idea...you'll have to tell me how you did that. Happy Birthday Cadence!

The Porter Family said...

Can you smell that? Yep, its me stink'n! I knew I would space it, even though I had been thinking about it so that I wouldn't forget it! SORRY! But I do want to wish Cadence a very (late) Happy Birthday! He is a great, great, great kid and we miss him a lot! It looks like he had a lot of celebrating and love which is good because he totally deserves it!